Subscribe to our newsletters & stay updated
Regardless of how long your company has been in business, your company’s anniversary is a great way to share your success with existing and future customers. Promoting your anniversary through your marketing efforts allows you to show the local community that your business is stable and reliable.
A good strategy for many businesses is to share your history and accomplishments in various ways throughout the year. Creating a communications strategy to generate ongoing content on a monthly or bi-monthly basis can increase your visibility throughout your community.
Business anniversaries provide the perfect opportunity to truly market your company to prospective customers, notes the Houston Chronicle (http://bit.ly/3bxtAJa): “The true goal of a business anniversary should focus on introducing prospects to your business while encouraging past clients to buy again. The key to a successful event lies in letting everyone know about it through your website, social media sites and the local press.”
Here are six ways you can leverage your company’s anniversary as a public relations tool:
1. Social media. Social media is a powerful communications tool because it allows you to speak directly to your customers. A majority of people get their news or information from some form of social media platform daily.
Creating a social media calendar in advance can be beneficial for scheduling posts on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram regarding your business anniversary. Consider generating a special hashtag to be used for your anniversary posts.
Use Instagram to post historical photos or pictures that emphasize your growth over the years, such as previous office locations, renovations, uniforms, etc. For longer-form content, make Facebook your friend by posting links to articles, news stories or other important anniversary milestones. Leveraging all these platforms will help you reach a wider audience.
2. Press releases. Well-written press releases can be a great way to promote your company’s anniversary. They not only allow you to announce the occasion, but readers and other publications to get a grasp of what the company is about. This can result in positive stories about your company in local newspapers.
3. Videos. A great way to engage your social media and website audiences is through video. Take the time to create captivating, short videos showing off your company’s culture and milestones. You also can create video testimonials from loyal customers and employees.
Videos can be pushed out on your social media platforms as well as the homepage or a dedicated page on the website. Videos on your company website should be updated periodically throughout the year to keep viewers interested.
4. Create an anniversary logo. One fun and creative way to celebrate and bring interest to your business anniversary is by creating a custom logo for use throughout the year. This logo should be in line with your current branding to remain recognizable to existing customers. You can use the special logo on your company’s social media accounts, eblasts, ads and promotional mailers.
5. Plan a virtual event. Depending on the timing and weather, scheduling an in-person or virtual event is another great way to get the word out about your anniversary. The event can be geared toward the celebration with special promotional offers or giveaways. Your event can be pushed out through social media platforms and the company website.
6. Company or employee profiles. Do you have a very active, hands-on leader? Writing executive profiles is a good way to get the name out about your owner or executive team. This also gives you an opportunity to showcase how the owner has contributed to your company’s success over the years. Writing and sending leadership profiles to local media may present more earned media opportunities for the business and give you more content to push on your social media platforms and the website.
Don’t make your company anniversary only about generating leads and making money; use it as a way to reinforce brand loyalty.
© 2023 All Rights Reserved