Subscribe to our newsletters & stay updated
The Little Red Schoolhouse (LRSH), an accredited education provider by the International Association for Continuing Education (IACET) and the Training and Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) has released its fourth quarter schedule, starting in October.
This quarter will offer a new course, Modern Pump Selection, which will teach the best practices for selecting pumps for hydronic systems. The free, five-module course will use Bell & Gossett’s proprietary pump selection process that incorporates Part Load Efficiency Value (PLEV).
“HVAC system designers are increasingly seeking efficient pump systems that maximize efficiencies while reducing operating costs,” said Mark Handzel, vice president, Product Regulatory Affairs, & Director, HVAC/Commercial Building Services Americas, Xylem Applied Water Systems. “Our PLEV formula provides the most accurate specification of a pump at partial flow rates. This helps professionals select the best, most efficient pump for the system.”
The LRSH fourth quarter schedule is:
• Modern Hydronic Heating Systems — Basic Seminar* Oct. 9-11
• Modern Hydronic Heating Systems — Advanced Seminar* Oct. 16-18
• Design & Application of Water Based HVAC Systems Seminar* Oct. 30-Nov. 1
• Steam System Design & Application Seminar Nov. 13-15
• Modern Hydronic Heating Systems — Basic Seminar* Dec. 4-7
• Design & Application of Water Based HVAC Systems Seminar* Dec. 11-13
• Large Chilled Water System Design Seminar* Dec. 18-20
*Seminar approved by GBCI to provide credit toward LEED Associate and LEED AP certifications.
Since the LRSH doors opened in Morton Grove, Illinois, in 1954, engineers, contractors and installers, from every state in the U.S., as well as Europe, Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Australia, have been trained in the proper design, installation and maintenance of hydronic and steam systems. Industry professionals can receive IACET continuing education units and credit toward LEED Green Associate and LEED AP certifications for completing eligible LRSH courses.