Subscribe to our newsletters & stay updated
Diversified Heat Transfer (DHT), a New Jersey-based engineering and manufacturing company of heat exchange equipment and systems, has more than 75 years of experience under its belt, serving the residential, commercial and industrial markets. The company is known for its customization, technology-driven, cost-effective and quality solutions. Over the last few years, the company has been able to expand its brand presence, grow its manufacturer rep and wholesale distribution, and take on more team members.
DHT has a few stories to share. It also has a plethora of products to share at this year’s International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo), one of the biggest events of the year for the HVACR industry. More than 2,000 exhibitors and 65,000 industry professionals will be attending the show held in Chicago on Jan. 22-24.
We discussed DHT’s show plans with Norman Goldberg, CEO, and Thomas Francullo, vice president of sales and engineering.
PHC: This year’s AHR Show takes place at the McCormick Place in Chicago. What can attendees expect from your presence? Where is your booth located? Are you guys working with a theme or campaign?
DHT: We are located in the South Hall, Booth 4169. Our theme for 2018 is “Every Building has a Story.” We believe every building is unique, and no two buildings are built the same. And that every building tells a story and every project inspires a solution. The story may be one of meeting challenges, finding solutions or becoming a beacon for the future. DHT is encompassing this theme in every aspect of our company from sales and marketing to engineering and manufacturing. We see crossover value in all of the work we do and believe each project informs the next, leading to more comprehensive product design and system solutions offerings.
PHC: What product categories are you representing? What is new and updated? Who are you expecting to visit and what specific audiences are you hoping to engage?
DHT: DHT will represent the water heater/heat exchanger category. We look forward to engaging with specifying engineers, design build and mechanical contractors, and end-users. We will showcase latest enhancements made to the following list:
• The new design offers a cleaner look while adding extra support. The improved angled mount for the control panel allows for better operator interface for the end-user. The base has also been redesigned allowing the end-user to use either pallet jack or fork lift from all four sides.
• New welded stainless manifolds that eliminate the need for threaded fittings, reducing the overall size.
• True state-of-the-art double-wall brazed plate exchanger and AHRI 400 certified options for the plate and frame versions.
• New compact Printed Circuit Board Control Panel.
• Our vertical base has been updated to allow further stability to the unit.
• We have changed our baffle material and added more baffles to the tube bundle improving the overall heat transfer performance of the unit.
• 10-year Shell and Tube Bundle Warranty as a standard offering at no added cost.
• New compact Printed Circuit Board Control Panel.
• Smaller design — 8”x 11.5”
• Modbus and Bacnet have been built into the control panel, eliminating the requirement of an external gateway.
• We added the ability to read the valve open percentage in Modbus.
• Coming second quarter 2018, the control box will have built in Wi-Fi, which will allow the user to connect to their free cloud service. This will function while communicating to BAS. If Wi-Fi and the local network is a problem, they have a cellular enabled device that needs no further programming. The customer and/or DHT can view and manipulate data from a computer or smartphone.
DHT will launch a new line of plate heat exchangers
• DHT is now offering a line of plate heat exchangers available in single and double wall construction for a wide range of applications.
• The plates and plate patterns are constructed to obtain a high thermal efficiency with a low pressure drop.
• The inlet channels allow for maximum strength in the inlet area, while maintaining minimum of contact points, reducing blockage at the flow distribution zone.
• The inlet design ensures even distribution of the liquids across the heating surface.
• The gasket is placed in a dedicated retaining gasket groove. This ensures the elasticity of the gasket even after a long time of compression.
• Available in AHRI 400.
PHC: Are there any other companies you’re looking to connect with? How about speakers or events? What is the DHT team hoping to take home with them?
DHT: The AHR show is a great place to catch up with customers, vendors and even the competition to get a preview of what is in store for the upcoming year. We are looking forward to seeing the Innovation Awards winners as well as attending educational seminars to learn the latest developments in technology and the growing HVAC trends. We are also looking forward to meeting with other manufacturers to see how our products can work with or complement our product technology to enhance our offerings. For example, this year, DHT will look for new instrumentation and control products that can be used to improve the performance of our products.
PHC: Is there anything currently happening at DHT that you’d like to highlight? Any awards, milestones, transitions that reflect your current commitment in the industry?
DHT: It is an exciting time at DHT. While we have been in business since 1938, we have primarily been known in the New York tristate area. The past few years have been a period of growth for DHT as we have seen an increased interest across the U.S. We have been expanding our brand presence and have grown our manufacturer rep and wholesale distribution as well as increased our staff. We are committed to continuing this growth in the upcoming years with new products and technology.
PHC: Can you give us a sneak peak of anything you are working toward in upcoming years that may make an appearance at the next show?
DHT: We are working on expanding our offering of innovative products and system solutions to meet our customers’ needs as a single source provider. We are continuing to make improvements to our current product line as well as engineer new solutions to meet the market demand for energy efficiency, compact, flexible designs and new technology.
For more information on DHT, visit www.dhtnet.com.