Subscribe to our newsletters & stay updated
A plumber's electrocution death has prompted the recall of thousands of electric ranges.
Consumers are urged to immediately stop using about 6,300 Blomberg and Summit brand freestanding electric ranges, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a statement released May 19.
"The electric ranges can become energized because a screw was not installed to secure the grounding strap during manufacturing, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards," the agency said.
In August 2016, David Dufresne Jr., 52, a professional plumber from Portsmouth, N.H., died while installing a dishwasher.
The recall is for Blomberg and Summit electric ranges. The rangers were manufactured by Arçelik A.S. of Turkey. They were imported by Beko of Bolingbrook, Illinois.
© 2023 All Rights Reserved