Subscribe to our newsletters & stay updated
The Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Educational Foundation Inc., along with presenting sponsor A. O. Smith has pared-down the original 2022 Watch List to the nation’s top five quarterbacks.
The candidates are selected by the distinguished Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Selection Committee, a group of prominent college football journalists, commentators, announcers, and former players. The award annually recognizes the top senior or upperclassman quarterback set to graduate with their class. Candidates are chosen based on player performance on-and-off the field.
After 10 weeks of play, the five finalists for the 2022 Golden Arm Award include the following:
• Stetson Bennett, IV, Georgia - Bennett has completed 223 of 329 passes for 2,895 yards (68% completion rate) throwing for 21 touchdowns with just 5 interceptions, and a QB rating of 84.9.
• Max Duggan, TCU - Duggan has completed 180 of 273 passes for 2,531 yards (66% completion rate) throwing for 29 touchdowns with just 2 interceptions, and a QB rating of 76.3.
• Hendon Hooker, Tennessee - Hooker has completed 204 of 287 passes for 2,888 yards (71% completion rate) throwing for 29 touchdowns with just 10 interceptions, and a QB rating of 90.2.
• Bo Nix, Oregon - Nix has completed 219 of 300 passes for 2,775 yards (73% completion rate) throwing for 38 touchdowns with just 5 interceptions, and a QB rating of 89.0.
• C J Stroud, Ohio State - Stroud has completed 186 of 277 passes for 2,750 yards (67% completion rate) throwing for 34 touchdowns with just 4 interceptions, and a QB rating of 90.9.