Reliable Controls is ensuring its products and processes are free of hazardous substances by declaring Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS2) Compliance on its MACH-Pro line of products, SMART-Sensors and any future products.
Four years ago, Reliable Controls started the process of identifying and removing hazardous materials in its processes. This included purchasing capital equipment and involved installing a new production line that could withstand the higher operating temperatures needed to use Pb free (lead-free) solder as well as selecting new solder alloys that would not compromise quality. After a year of testing and validation, Reliable Controls achieved this goal in May 2015.
During 2016, a complete analysis and validation of raw materials was completed. Engineering and purchasing processes were amended to ensure the following materials were removed from the products and manufacturing processes:
- Lead (Pb): < 1000 ppm
- Mercury (Hg): < 100 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd): < 100 ppm
- Hexavalent Chromium: (Cr VI) < 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB): < 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE): < 1000 ppm
- Bis (2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP): < 1000 ppm
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP): < 1000 ppm
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): < 1000 ppm
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP): < 1000 ppm
This new milestone will assist the Reliable Controls Authorized Dealer Network when confronted with a specification that requires RoHS2 compliance.