Subscribe to our newsletters & stay updated
April 11 marked the 150th birthday for the F.W. Webb Co. It all began in 1866 when John Van Ness Stults opened a supply house on Elm St. in Boston. He later partnered with Henry W. Mansur to form Stults & Mansur in 1873.
Henry McShane purchased Stults & Mansur in 1888 and hired his brother-in-law Frank W. Webb to run the Boston branch.
As only one of two plumbing supply houses in the area in 1866, the F.W. Webb Co. was at the forefront of the burgeoning plumbing industry, which brought indoor plumbing and impelled sewage and waste water system upgrades to the most populous cities in America.
From this single Boston location 15 decades ago, sprang a vitally significant industry and the largest, most diversified supplier of its kind in the Northeast.
Today, the F.W. Webb Co. has more than 2000 employees in 80+ locations across nine states. F.W. Webb has responded continually over the decades to its customers’ needs by remaining at the forefront of industry and technological advances across its core businesses and in highly relevant specialty areas. Offering outstanding products, services, solutions and support, F.W. Webb is a robust distributor across 15 distinct areas of expertise and is among the most respected, successful, privately-owned companies in the Northeast.